Portola Springs Community Park Opens to the Public on January 26
Monday, January 14, 2019
The community is invited to the grand opening of Portola Springs Community Park, 4 - 6 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 26. Join City of Irvine officials for the dedication of the City’s newest community center, which features more than 14,000 square feet including a multipurpose room, expansive patio area, two classrooms, and a Native American Wing. The 32-acre community park features a nature-themed playground, native garden, two lighted softball fields, two lighted soccer fields, one warm-up field, one sand volleyball court, six lighted pickleball courts, three lighted tennis courts, and a concession building.
The dedication event will feature:
- Self-guided tours of the facility
- Cultural display in the Native American Wing
- Light refreshments
- Pickleball courts open for play
- Softball demonstrations by Irvine Girls Softball Association
- Entertainment by Concerts for Charities Club, which includes a string quartet, piano quintet, violin and piano duet, and saxophone quartet made up of students from Trabuco Hills, Northwood, and Portola high schools
The newly opened center will be open to the public 9 a.m.–9 p.m. Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–10 p.m. Saturday, and noon–6 p.m. Sunday. Classes at the center will be available beginning in February, and programming will include after-school and camp activities as well as recreational activities and sports programs.
Portola Springs Community Park and Center are located at 900 Tomato Springs, Irvine. No RSVP is needed for this free dedication event. For more information, visit cityofirvine.org/specialevents or call (949) 724-6192.
Category: Community News