Jessica Welch Elected as Chair of Western Association of Chamber Executives Emerging Leaders Council
Monday, March 19, 2018
Greater Irvine Chamber’s Jessica Welch has been elected to serve as Chair of the Western Association of Chamber Executives (W.A.C.E.) Emerging Leaders Council. Her term is effective immediately.
Council members will provide feedback and ideas to the W.A.C.E. president and board of directors, which in-turn result in innovative programming for the annual conference. The group also participates in identifying fundraising opportunities for scholarships.
“Leading this group of exceptional young professionals who work diligently in the chamber industry is an honor,” Welch said. “Our hope is we can help the W.A.C.E. board encourage a forward-thinking model for chambers and associations throughout the nation, while at the same time help develop the next generation of chamber leaders.”
The council was formed to identify and recognize future leaders, who are under the age of 40 and part of W.A.C.E. and the chamber of commerce industry. The council is made up of chamber executives and professional staff that have been or are making chamber management their career.
Welch has served at the Greater Irvine Chamber since 2007, where she is the senior director of operations. Previously she served two concurrent roles for the organization; executive assistant to the president and CEO, and director of events.
Welch serves the council along with:
• Vice Chair, Robert Medler, Tucson Metro Chamber (AZ)
• Philanthropy Chair, Derek Kirk, Atascadero Chamber (CA)
• Secretary, Krystlyn Giedt, Carmel Chamber (CA)
• Angie Anderson, Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association (CO)
• Stephanie Armstrong, The Chamber of the Santa Barbara Region (CA)
• Joey Blaszczyk, San Francisco Chamber (CA)
• Colin Diaz, Culver City Chamber (CA)
• Alicia Early, Castle Rock Chamber (CO)
• Rana Ghadban, Simi Valley Chamber (CA)
• Eli Matthews, The Chamber of Medford/Jackson County (OR)
• Guy Occhiogrosso, Bellingham Whatcom Chamber (WA)
• Greta Seidman, Las Vegas Metro Chamber (NV)
• Stephanie Shapiro, Corona Chamber (CA)
• Kami Welch, Arvada Chamber (CO)
The Western Association of Chamber Executives was established to enhance and promote the professional growth and competence of chamber of commerce executives.
For more information about the W.A.C.E. Emerging Leaders Council, contact Jessica Welch.
Category: Chamber News