34 CalChamber Member Companies Recognized as Best Places to Work in 2018
Thursday, December 21, 2017
Thirty-four California Chamber of Commerce member companies were chosen in a recent Glassdoor survey as some of the best places to work.
The Glassdoor survey breaks down its lists using company size:
- 100 Best Places to Work (honoring employers with 1,000 or more employees) and
- 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For (honoring employers with fewer than 1,000 employees).
Glassdoor’s 100 Best Places to Work in 2018 list features winning employers across diverse industries spanning technology, health care, consulting, travel and tourism, finance, consumer goods, retail, food services and more.
Winners are ranked based on their overall rating achieved during the last year.
100 Best Places to Work
Congratulations to Greater Irvine Chamber member companies (highlighted) that made this list! All top five employers are CalChamber member companies. CalChamber members in this category included:
- Facebook (No. 1, 4.6 rating)
- Bain & Company (No. 2, 4.6 rating)
- Boston Consulting Group (No. 3, 4.6 rating)
- In-n-Out Burger (No. 4, 4.6 rating)
- Google (#No., 4.6)
- McKinsey & Company (No. 12, 4.5 rating)
- & J. Gallo Winery (No. 14, 4.5 rating)
- Delta Airlines (No. 17, 4.5 rating)
- LinkedIn (No. 21, 4.5 rating)
- Southwest Airlines (No. 23, 4.4 rating)
- NVIDIA (No. 24, 4.4 rating)
- AvalonBay Communities (No. 26, 4.4 rating)
- Blizzard Entertainment (No. 28, 4.4 rating)
- Johnson & Johnson (No. 38, 4. Rating)
- Microsoft (No. 39, 4.4 rating)
- Ellie Mae (No. 40, 4.4 rating)
- Nike (No. 53, 4.3 rating)
- Monsantos Company (No. 54, 4.3 rating)
- United Airlines (No. 55, 4.3 rating)
- 3M (No. 60, 4.3 rating)
- Deloitte (No. 77, 4.3 rating)
- Procter & Gamble (No. 62, 4.3 rating)
- Hyatt (No. 71, 4.3 rating)
- Deloitte (No. 77, 4.3 rating)
- Toyota North America (No. 78, 4.3 rating)
- Accenture (No. 83, 4.3 rating)
- Taylor Morrison (No. 87, 4.3 rating)
- Cisco Systems (No. 89, 4.3 rating)
- Kaiser Permanente (No. 91, 4.3 rating)
- Shell (No. 95, 4.2 rating)
Facebook has ranked No. 1 three times (2018, 2013, 2011) and has made the list for eight consecutive years over the last decade. Bain & Company (No. 2, 4.6 rating), Google (No. 5, 4.6 rating) and Apple (No. 84, 4.3 rating) are the only three employers to make the list all 10 years.
Forty employers are new to the list, including CalChamber member Blizzard Entertainment (No. 28, 4.4 rating).
50 Best Small & Medium Companies
CalChamber members in this category include:
- FortuneBuilders ( 24, 4.8 rating)
- Elementum ( 33, 4.8 rating)
- Castle & Cooke Mortgage ( 36, 4.8 rating)
- P2S Engineering ( 45, 4.7 rating)
The 2018 Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards for the Best Places to Work rely on feedback from employees who elected to anonymously submit a company review on Glassdoor.
When submitting a company review, employees are asked to share their opinion on some of the best reasons to work for their employer (pros), any downsides (cons), and are encouraged to provide advice to management. In addition, employees are asked to rate how satisfied they are with their employer overall, rate their CEO, as well as rate key workplace attributes like career opportunities, compensation and benefits, culture and values, senior management, and work-life balance. Employees also are asked whether they would recommend their employer to a friend and whether they believe their employer’s six-month business outlook is positive, negative or if they have no opinion.
The Glassdoor 2018 Employees’ Choice Awards for the Best Places to Work feature six distinct categories. For each category, company reviews and ratings from current and former employees were considered between November 1, 2016 and October 22, 2017.
Each list was compiled using Glassdoor’s awards proprietary algorithm, and each employer’s rating determined based on the quantity, quality and consistency of reviews during the eligibility timeframe.
Category: Partner News, Member News