Chapman University is Presenting Sponsor for Greater Irvine Chamber’s Inaugural Distinguished Educators Event
Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Chapman University, a Greater Irvine Chamber platinum-level Leaders Circle partner, is the presenting sponsor for the Chamber’s inaugural Distinguished Educators event on Wednesday, Oct. 13, at 4 p.m., at the Hilton Irvine, 18800 MacArthur Blvd.
“Chapman University is honored to be the presenting sponsor for such an important effort,” said Chapman Provost Norma Bouchard, Ph.D. “Orange County’s rich commitment to education at all levels is indeed both distinctive and admirable. We are grateful to be a part of this tradition at our campus in Orange and our Rinker Health Sciences Campus in Irvine. We look forward to this opportunity to honor some of the outstanding practitioners of education in our community.”
The Greater Irvine Chamber celebrates Irvine’s world-class education as part of what helps the city live up to its promise as a model master-planned community and its ability to sustain economic vitality by ensuring a continued skilled workforce. Through its Distinguished Educators program, the Chamber will recognize exemplary Irvine educators who have contributed to the educational process through direct student involvement or partnership activities. Outstanding science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) programs offered in Irvine will also be recognized.
Nominations and self-nominations are open through Sept. 3, 2021.
Honorees will be announced at the Distinguished Educators on Wednesday, Oct. 13 event. Advanced registration is required.
Educator Award Categories:
- Distinguished Educators: Primary
- Distinguished Educators: Secondary
- Distinguished Educators: Community College
- Distinguished Educators: University
- Distinguished Educators: Career & Technical
- Educator of the Year
- Demonstrated high standards of teaching effectiveness
- Outstanding or innovative teaching techniques
- Positive reputation for teaching from the perspective of students, colleagues, and alumni
- Evidence of sustained commitment to teaching
- Evidence of high levels of student learning of achievement
- Distinguished Program: Science
- Distinguished Program: Technology
- Distinguished Program: Engineering
- Distinguished Program: Arts
- Distinguished Program: Mathematics
- Unique or extraordinary accomplishments in education in a specific STEAM field
- Active leadership in education in a specific STEAM field
- Noteworthy scholarly contributions to education in a specific STEAM field
- Focus of public attention on the need for improvement of education in a specific STEAM field
- Direct and substantial contributions to the improvement of education in a specific STEAM field
- Contributions in a specific STEAM field over a significant period of time
- Overall excellence of contributions in a specific STEAM field
With roots that can be traced back to 1861 and Abraham Lincoln’s first inauguration, Chapman University is a nationally ranked private university. Chapman is categorized by the Carnegie Classification as an R2 “high research activity” institution and offers personalized education to nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The campus has produced a Rhodes Scholar, been named a top producer of Fulbright Scholars and hosts a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest and most prestigious honor society. With campuses in Orange and in Irvine, the university is ideally situated in one of the most innovative and exciting regions in the nation.
For more information about Distinguished Educators, contact Courtney Nakagawa.
Category: Events, Greater Irvine Chamber, Leaders Circle, Chapman University, Distinguished Educators, Education Excellence, Irvine