New Chamber Program to Honor Distinguished Educators, Nominations Open Now
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
The Greater Irvine Chamber celebrates Irvine’s world-class education as part of what helps the city live up to its promise as a model master-planned community and its ability to sustain economic vitality by ensuring a continued skilled workforce. Through its inaugural Distinguished Educators program, the Chamber will recognize exemplary Irvine educators who have contributed to the educational process through direct student involvement or partnership activities. Outstanding STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) programs offered in Irvine will also be recognized.
Nominations and self-nominations are open through Sept. 3, 2021.
Honorees will be announced at the Distinguished Educators event on Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021, at 4 p.m., at the Hilton Irvine, 18800 MacArthur Blvd. Advanced registration is required.
Educator Award Categories:
- Distinguished Educators: Primary (elementary)
- Distinguished Educators: Secondary (middle-high)
- Distinguished Educators: Community College (2-year)
- Distinguished Educators: University (4-year)
- Distinguished Educators: Career & Technical
- Educator of the Year
- Demonstrated high standards of teaching effectiveness
- Outstanding or innovative teaching techniques
- Positive reputation for teaching from the perspective of students, colleagues, and alumni
- Evidence of sustained commitment to teaching
- Evidence of high levels of student learning of achievement
- Distinguished Program: Science
- Distinguished Program: Technology
- Distinguished Program: Engineering
- Distinguished Program: Arts
- Distinguished Program: Mathematics
- Unique or extraordinary accomplishments in education in a specific STEAM field
- Active leadership in education in a specific STEAM field
- Noteworthy scholarly contributions to education in a specific STEAM field
- Focus of public attention on the need for improvement of education in a specific STEAM field
- Direct and substantial contributions to the improvement of education in a specific STEAM field
- Contributions in a specific STEAM field over a significant period of time
- Overall excellence of contributions in a specific STEAM field
For more information, contact Courtney Nakagawa.
Category: Distinguished Educators, Education Excellence, Irvine, Greater Irvine Chamber, Business Achievement Awards, Events