Orange County Great Park is Open for Business
Thursday, May 20, 2021
While the Orange County Great Park’s open space, athletic courts, and drop-in fields have been available for use during COVID-19, now more amenities are open as the City of Irvine continues to follow state and local guidelines.
The Orange County Great Park is back open for business and flights for everyone’s favorite attraction, our iconic orange Balloon, are now available! Soar 400 feet above Irvine and enjoy 360-degree views of our gorgeous City and beyond. Rides are limited to six people per flight and are always free. Just stop by the Visitors Center to sign up. Wait times can vary based on demand, and all guests waiting in line must wear facial coverings and adhere to physical distancing rules. Learn more at ocgp.org/balloon.
What Else is Now Open for Business at the Great Park?
Swing on by the park to enjoy a variety of amenities and attractions open to the public. Guests are asked to wear facial coverings and adhere to social distancing rules when applicable.
- Visitors Center: Open 10 a.m.–8 p.m. Monday–Wednesday, 10 a.m.–10 p.m. Thursday–Friday, and 9 a.m.–10 p.m. on weekends, with a capacity limit of 10 people. Grab a park map; browse snacks for sale at the Runway Cafe; or buy Great Park merchandise including umbrellas and hats.
- Great Park Gallery: Our spring exhibition, Ink on Paper: A Letterpress Showcase, is on display through June 13. The gallery is open noon–4 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays, and 10 a.m.–4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
- Farmers Market: Walk-up, pedestrian access open every Sunday, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., weather permitting.
- Farm + Food Lab: Open 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Tuesdays–Sundays, with a limit of 30 people allowed at one time.
- Great Park Sports Complex: Athletic fields and courts continue to be open for drop-in use by household groups. The Sports Complex stadiums are open for professional sporting activities, without fans in attendance. Organized practices and games are subject to state guidelines based on sports' respective tiers. Get up-to-date information here.
- Irvine Summer Art Market: The City of Irvine invites the community to the Irvine Summer Art Market, a monthly outdoor artisans marketplace at the Orange County Great Park. Once a month through August, enjoy the park while browsing unique locally made wares and viewing live art demonstrations. The first Irvine Summer Art Market is Sunday, May 23, 10 a.m.–2 p.m. in the Palm Court Arts Complex at the Great Park. Additional events will be held on Sundays, June 20, July 18, and August 15. Admission and parking are free. For more information, visit ocgp.org/artmarket.
Get Vaccinated at the Great Park: The City of Irvine has opened a mass vaccination drive-thru clinic at the Orange County Great Park to provide convenient access for residents to protect themselves from COVID-19. Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available. Appointments are strongly encouraged and can be scheduled by visiting myturn.ca.gov or by calling 833-422-4255. Drop-in appointments are not guaranteed if all appointments are booked and there is no leftover vaccine. Learn More
Opening in the Fall at the Great Park: The Great Park Carousel is undergoing renovations to make this family-favorite tradition even better! We are currently refurbishing 12 of the Carousel's animals, refinishing the floor, replacing all glass mirrors, and sprucing up everything with a fresh coat of paint. The Carousel is expected to reopen fall of this year. Rides are $3 for a single ride and $10 for an all-day pass. Learn more at ocgp.org/carousel.
Category: City of Irvine, COVID-19, Orange County Great Park