City of Irvine Accepting Nominations for its Wall of Recognition
Monday, November 04, 2019
The City of Irvine is accepting nominations for individuals, groups, organizations, and businesses for the city’s Wall of Recognition. The Wall of Recognition, established in 2006 at Colonel Bill Barber Marine Corps Memorial Park, recognizes those who have made significant contributions to the community. Nominations will be accepted now through Dec. 30.
To be eligible for consideration, individual nominees must be or have been a person living, working, or attending school in the City of Irvine. Groups, businesses, and organizations must be or have been located in Irvine. Additional criteria include:
- Demonstrated creativity and/or initiative in providing service to the community;
- Provided long-term service to the community, state, or nation;
- Made unique contributions marked by excellence and worthy of honor;
- Made distinct, significant contribution(s) for the betterment of the City;
- Demonstrated exceptional determination, character, commitment, and leadership; and/or
- Nominee died in the line of duty serving the City, the state, or the nation.
No more than three nominations may be submitted by any one individual or group. Forms are available at Irvine City Hall and online at cityofirvine.org/publicrecognition. Completed applications must be postmarked by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31, and submitted by one of the following methods:
- Mail – City of Irvine City Clerk, P.O. Box 19575, Irvine, CA 92623-9575
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off – Irvine City Hall, Attn: City Clerk, 1 Civic Center Plaza, First-floor reception desk
For more information, visit cityofirvine.org/publicrecognition or call 949-724-6730.
Category: Community News