Cox Charities to Award $47,000 in grants to Orange County and Other Nonprofit Organizations
Monday, August 05, 2019
Cox Charities will award $47,000 in grants to Orange County and Palos Verdes nonprofit organizations to support initiatives that focus on youth, education, conservation, and the military. Applications are currently being accepted online at coxcharitiesca.org and must be submitted by Aug. 31, 2019.
Cox Charities, the philanthropic arm of Cox Communications funded by employee donations that are matched by the company, will consider requests up to $5,000.
The 2018 grant recipients included:
- Irvine 2/11 Marine Adoption Committee, Inc.
- Intervention Center for Early Childhood.
- Homefront America, Inc.
- South County Outreach
- FRIENDS of Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
- Irvine Children’s Fund
- Special Olympics Southern California, Inc. – Orange County Region
- EnCorps, Inc.
- Make-A-Wish Orange County and the Inland Empire
- The Ecology Center
- CampMed at UCI
- Ocean Institute
To apply for a Cox Charities nonprofit grant, organizations must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a 501(c)3 non-profit organization;
- Be located or provide services in a Cox service area in Orange County and Palos Verdes;
- Show measurable results from the program and complete a post-grant evaluation form;
- Provide information on program outreach components including website and social media.
For more information, visit coxcharitiesca.org.
Cox Communications is a gold-level Leaders Circlesponsor of the Greater Irvine Chamber.
Funded by employee payroll donations that are matched by the company, Cox Charities provide support to communities in Cox Communications’ service area by awarding scholarships to high school seniors, Innovation in Education grants to local schools, and grants to nonprofit organizations. A volunteer advisory board of Cox employees oversees Cox Charities and its giving programs.
Category: Partner News