2020 Community Partner Awards
Each year the Greater Irvine Chamber recognizes Irvine businesses that have demonstrated the principles of community service and charitable contributions and the best traditions of good corporate citizenship. As a champion of strong community partnerships, the Greater Irvine Chamber this year will recognize companies, organizations, and individuals that have made a positive impact on the greater Irvine community in response to the Coronavirus crisis. Acts of support, large or small, from any industry are eligible for recognition. Award recipients will receive a personalized keepsake award and will be included in marketing and promotional opportunities leading up to and following the event.
Nominations are open to Greater Irvine Chamber members and non-members. Self-nominations are also encouraged. Nominations are being accepted through Friday, Sept. 25, 5 p.m.
One winner selected from each of these categories:
- Community Hero – open to any individual who has made contributions to help the greater Irvine community face or overcome challenges presented by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Partnership Hero – open a company or organization that has brought together other entities in united efforts to help the greater Irvine community face or overcome challenges presented by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Nonprofit Hero – open to a nonprofit organization that has made exceptional strides in helping the greater Irvine community face or overcome challenges presented by the Coronavirus pandemic.
Multiple winners may be selected from each of these categories:
- Frontline Champion – recognizing organizations, groups, or individuals that have provided support to the workers who are at the frontlines of the Coronavirus crisis.
- Innovation Award – recognizing a group or individual that has pivoted or re-engineered its products or services to help the greater Irvine community face or overcome challenges presented by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Community Impact Award – recognizing organizations that have made or led to lasting, long-term solutions to Coronavirus crisis-related issues.
- Service Award – recognizing organizations, groups, or individuals that volunteered time or resources to aid in Coronavirus-related issues.
- Corporate Responsibility Award – recognizing a company that has provided donor support through products or services to help the greater Irvine community face or overcome challenges presented by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Hospitality Award – recognizing ingenuity and community service provided by businesses from hospitality, leisure and recreation, entertainment, travel & tourism, and restaurant & dining industries to continue to operate and service the greater Irvine community during the Coronavirus crisis.
- Benefactor Award – recognizing organizations, groups, or individuals that provided financial support to aid relief from Coronavirus-related issues.
Formal recognition of the recipients will be made during the Chamber’s 2020 Celebrate Resilience digital awards presentation
Thursday, Oct. 22, 12 – 1 p.m.
For more information about Celebrate Resilience and for sponsorship inquiries, contact Jessica Welch.
Business of the Year: Sullivan Solar Power
Business Philanthropist of the Year: Wells Fargo
Entrepreneur of the Year: Uplift Transport
Nonprofit of the Year: Families Forward
Young Professional of the Year: Courtney Nakagawa, Morton's The Steakhouse
Allergan | Antis Roofing & Waterproofing | Baxter Healthcare Corporation | Baxter Healthcare CVG | CTC Global | Edwards Lifesciences
Fisher & Phillips LLC | Hall & Foreman, Inc. | Hausmaninger, Benoe, Lang and Alford | Hyatt Regency Irvine
Irvine City Bank | Irvine Company | Irvine Medical Center | Irvine Public Schools Foundation | Kia Motors | MacKenzie Corporation
Option One Mortgage Corporation | Orange County Soccer Club | Rieches Baird | Rubino's Pizza | Sage Software | Sam's Club
State Street Investment Manager Solutions | Taco Bell | Vicki Heston Personnel Services
Vincit California | Waste Management of Orange County | Wells Fargo Bank | Wonderware | Working Wardrobes