The mission of the Greater Irvine Chamber is to promote an economic climate that strengthens the competitiveness of local businesses while offering members a wide range of benefits, services, programs and information. Representing more than 800 businesses in the area, the Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce is one of the most influential chambers in Orange County.
The Greater Irvine Chamber serves as a catalyst for local economic growth by:
- Promoting the city as a dynamic business and tourism destination
- Providing valuable training and networking opportunities
- Advocating for the interests of the business community with federal, state and local officials
The Greater Irvine Chamber is among only 206 of the approximately 7,000 chambers across the nation to receive a Four-star Accreditation by the United States Chamber of Commerce, and only one of two chambers in California to receive the distinction, which recognizes high quality, expertise, and strong leadership.
By earning Accreditation from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the Greater Irvine Chamber shows its dedication to:
- Reviewing, improving, and promoting strong business practices
- Recognizing leadership and outstanding contributions to the community
- Supporting the principles of free enterprise and promoting pro-growth policies at federal, state, and local levels
- Establishing best practices and staying in-step with industry changes
The Greater Irvine Chamber is funded by member businesses, signature events, advertising and a Hotel Improvement District voluntary assessment on sold hotel rooms. The Greater Irvine Chamber does not receive any city funding, any portion of the eight percent Transient Occupancy Tax collected or any resident-funded tax.