Emergency Business Resources
Below are resources to help you as you reopen your business, and to manage and mitigate disruptions caused by the COVID-19 crisis. These resources are frequently updated as information becomes available. For assistance navigating business recovery resources, contact Linda DiMario. We encourage you to connect by email with our staff as we work to provide you with short- and long-term business solution
► Schedule a one-on-one virtual consultation with a staff member from Congresswoman Katie Porter’s office for assistance with getting timely answers from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Social Security Administration (SSA), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and more.
► SafeDineOC Restaurant Program
SafeDineOC grants have been raised to $5,000 in reimbursements for eligible restaurants that make CARES Act-qualified purchases, such as masks, gloves, and other personal protective equipment (PPE), site reconfiguration, employee training, cleaning supplies, etc.
Return-to-Work Screening - ProCare
Coronavirus Antibody Test - ARCpoint Labs
Back to Business Checklist - Fisher Phillips
Coronavirus Recovery Information - Small Business Administration:
- Arabic - العربية
- Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese) - Simplified - 中文简体
- Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese) - Traditional - 中文繁軆
- French - Français
- German - Deutsche
- Gujarati - ગુજરાતી
- Haitian Creole - Kreyòl Ayisyen
- Hindi - हिन्दी भाषा
- Italian - Italiano
- Japanese - 日本語
- Korean - 한국어
- Polish - Polski
- Portuguese - Português
- Russian - русский язык
- Spanish - español
- Tagalog - Tagalog
- Vietnamese - Tiếng Việt
Reopen your Building Safely - Water that sits for a few weeks becomes stagnant. Irvine Ranch Water District provides steps for refreshing the water before you open your business.
Presentation on assistance programs - Offered by the Employment Development Department to workers during to COVID-19.
Orange County Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act - Orange County residents whose employment recently ended as a result of COVID-19 are eligible to receive up to $800.00 reimbursement for essentials such as housing, utilities, childcare, and transportation costs. Dislocated workers can enroll through the Orange County One-Stop Centers located in Irvine and Garden Grove. Or call the Economic and Business Recovery Call Center at (714) 480-6500.
Extension for Toll Payments & Other Adjustments - In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic impacts, The Toll Roads have made temporary adjustments to business processes to accommodate drivers and FasTrak® accountholders.
Key Financial Deadlines for 2020 - IRS extended deadline for filing 2019 federal tax returns for individuals is July 15. Here are some important dates that you may want to add to your 2020 reminders.
California Great Plates Delivered - Program provides economic stimulus to local restaurants & food providers for delivering meals to seniors and other adults at high risk from COVID-19. Irvine restaurants interested in participating may submit an online application to participate in the program.
Free Digitalization & Ecommerce Roadmap - Get help with planning your company’s digital roadmap: create a successful digital strategy, define concrete steps to launch, and manage scheduling and budget expectations.
Print & Marketing Services - Staples products to help small businesses prepare to reopen.
Export Documents - The Greater Irvine Chamber offers digital processing of export documentation for Certificates of Origin and Certificates of Free Sale through a convenient digital export documentation system, which applies legally admissible digital signatures that are fully compliant with the ESIGN Act, UET Act, SOX, and many more national regulations. Processing fees will be waived for the first Certificate of Origin uploaded (one per company) to the Fast Track Global Services portal through May 31. For more information and pricing details, contact Pepper Russell.
Ask SBDC Daily - COVID-19 Information
Monday - Friday | 3 PM
WEBINARS ON DEMAND:
Presented by CalChamber:
Business Disruption Mitigation Resources On this Page:
- Small Business Development Center Resource Guide
- Small Business Development Center Service Priority Handbook
- SoCalGas COVID-19 Support & Response
- SCE COVID-19 Support & Response
- Google Small Business Fund and other relief & recovery resources
- Google Ad Credits Small and Medium-sized Businesses
Workplace Health and Safety
Reduced Work Hours
Work Sharing Program - alternative to layoffs.
Potential Closure or Layoffs
OFFICIAL CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION
- California Coronavirus COVID-19 Response
- California Department of Industrial Relations COVID-19 FAQs
- Orange County COVID-19 Resource Directory
- Orange County Healthcare Agency COVID-19 Response
- County of Orange Public Services Suspensions due to COVID-19
- City of Irvine COVID-19 Response
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Summary on Congressional Action on Coronavirus Response
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce - COVID-19 Response
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Conveniently track Coronavirus at these sites:
- Orange County Virtual Job Fair
Thursday, Oct.15 | 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Labor Commissioner’s Office FAQs
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing
OnwardCA.org is a resource for people who have lost their jobs due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Several Irvine hotels are extending a special day rate Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to provide you with a quiet, private workspace that includes complimentary Wi-Fi and parking. Visit Destination Irvine's website for more information.
COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL TENANT RESOURCES
Restaurants are encouraged to provide takeout options to this website:
Local restaurants offering services:
Instagram Tools for Restaurants, Small Businesses:
- Businesses can share new gift cards, food orders, and fundraiser stickers in Stories and on their profiles.
TripAdvisor New Features for Restaurants:
- New features highlighting takeout, delivery options, and gift card purchasing.
- If you're offering takeout or delivery, add a notification to your listing here.
- If you're offering gift cards to customers, click here.
- If your restaurant is temporarily closed, Let customers know here.
- Tips on how to respond.
HOTEL & HOSPITALITY RESOURCES
- Information for hotels interested in working with the government: go.calodging.com/