OC World Trade Week Partners Include International-American Chambers, Trade Organizations
Monday, May 06, 2019
The fifth annual Orange County World Trade Week(OCWTW) Breakfast and Forum, to be held on Thursday, May 16, is supported by an impressive partner list of Orange County International-American chambers, and trade organizations. The event will also be attended by a number of Consulate Generals from across Orange and Los Angeles counties.
“This reflects a powerful coalition of organizations that understand and appreciate the value of trade across the globe and implications for our economy and our place in the global economy,” said Linda DiMario, executive vice president, Greater Irvine Chamber. “Their commitment to this event and dedication to helping businesses grow by exporting expands our economy and leverages one of our greatest strengths.”
OCWTW 2019 Partners include:
- California Manufacturing Technology Consulting
- Hong Kong Trade Development Council
- SCORE Orange County
- Small Business Administration
- US Commercial Service, Export Assistance
- Women in International Trade Orange County
- World Affairs Council Orange County
- British American Business Council Orange County
- Hong Kong Association of Southern California
- Korean American Chamber of Commerce of Orange County
- MAPLE Business Council
- Orange County Iranian American Chamber Commerce
- Orange County Chinese American Chamber of Commerce
- Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Vietnamese American Chamber of Commerce Orange County
- Western American Turkish Chamber of Commerce.
OCWTW 2019 Attending Consulate Generals include:
- Consulate General of the Arab Republic of Egypt
- Consulate General of Cambodia, California
- Consulate General of Canada
- Consulate General of Korea, Los Angeles
- Consulate General of Mexico, Santa Ana
- Consulate General of Pakistan, Los Angeles
- Consulate General of the Republic of Turkey
- Consulate General of Senegal, Los Angeles
- Consulate General of the State of Kuwait, Los Angeles
- Invest Director, Consulate of Belgium
A keynote will be provided on the topic of cybersecurity by Steve Wagner, global managing director of Experian Decision Analytics, in which he will discuss real solutions and tools to better manage fraud, and safeguard data against the constant and evolving threat posed by increasingly sophisticated cyber criminals.
The program will also include the perennial favorite Export Success Panel featuring panelists from Taco Bell, Technologent, and Worldwide Environmental Products, Inc. who will offer attendees insights into the challenges and opportunities for business expansion through exporting.
The 2019 Exporter of the Year Award will be formally presented during the program, showcasing an Orange County-based business that has expanded its markets through successful export strategies. The nominees are Diamon-Fusion International, Earth Friendly Products, Highlife International LLC, Linden Educational Services, Microwave Dynamics, and Worldwide Environmental Products, Inc.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to explore the International Resource EXPO.
HSBC is the presenting sponsor for the event.
OCWTW brings together Orange County’s International-American chambers and business associations, public sector and private trade organizations, and members of business community to grow awareness of the impact of international trade and export in Orange County. OCWTW drew an audience of more than 550 attendees last year, more than double that of its inaugural 2015 event.
For sponsorship, partnership, or general inquiries, contact Jessica Yip.
Category: Events, International Trade, Chamber News, Economic Development